Imagine a nursing home that doesn’t look or feel like a nursing home—a place where residents receive the highest quality care in a household setting. Imagine a skilled nursing environment where residents are encouraged to take charge of their day and make their own decisions.
That’s what a nursing home should be. That’s what life is like at Deupree Cottages.
Deupree Cottages is a place where residents live at home, not in a home. It’s a place where you can smell cookies baking in the oven when the grandkids come for a visit because we help the residents bake them.
We take the institution out of caregiving and it changes everything for everyone involved–the residents, their families, and even our staff.
In keeping with the Tudor and cottage-style homes of Hyde Park, the Craftsman Cottage reflects the Arts and Crafts movement of Cincinnati in the 1920s. The rich color palette and stone façade evoke the warmth and creativity of that era. Inside, the furnishings are warm and inviting earth tones with rustic finishes. Even the accessories, down to hand-crafted potteries and a tree-branch floor lamp in the family room, help breathe life into the Craftsman style of the cottage.
The rich red brick and painted yellow siding of the Colonial style cottage channels the look of traditional homes throughout Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood. Crisp, white painted woodwork and classic “butter and blue” décor help residents feel as though they never left their own home. Inside, the furnishings have a traditional, well-traveled air with homey accessories like framed silhouettes on the walls and displays of porcelains that call to mind your best china set.
Skilled Care and Quality Living
From the private rooms, to the cozy fireplaces, to the open kitchens and common areas—Deupree Cottages is unlike any nursing home you have ever seen. Our Person-Centered Care approach allows residents who need nursing assistance to live on their own terms, free from restrictive routines. Save for when it could create genuine health problems, residents get up when they wish, plan their own meals, eat when they like, and choose their daily activities.
Residents live with dignity in an environment that offers freedom, choice and purpose while being treated with respect and receiving skilled care provided by an experienced and compassionate staff of healthcare professionals.
Our non-traditional approach to nursing care has produced results.
We have seen remarkable clinical improvements in our residents— even in those who have been withdrawn or physically impaired for an extended time before they came to live at Deupree Cottages.
Deupree Cottages has earned a reputation in Greater Cincinnati for demonstrating excellent long term care and short term rehabilitation in a non-institutional setting.
- Care is monitored by an interdisciplinary team including nurses, social services specialists, activities directors, spiritual care professionals, and visiting clinicians.
- Rehabilitation is managed by a highly experienced team of certified physical therapists
- Daily schedules are adapted to a resident’s personal lifestyle and needs with plenty of opportunities for entertainment such as video and board games to play with visitors or neighbors, movie nights, concert series, seminars, and all kinds of outings.
- As part of the Deupree House campus, residents at both Cottages have access to beautiful gardens and walking areas as well as the Deupree Cotages Pavilion.
- Our private rooms and suites offer luxury senior care with every kind of comfort and accommodation—from bathrooms with walk-in showers to home-cooked meals in the community kitchens to wireless Internet and comfortable family rooms with fireplaces and flat screen TV.
The non-traditional setting, professional staff, and Person-Centered approach provide quality senior care that is like nothing else offered in Greater Cincinnati.