St. Pius Place is located right in the heart of the South Cumminsville neighborhood of Cincinnati, just minutes away from downtown with easy access to shopping and transportation from the nearby major bus line stop (Route 27) just steps away from our retirement community.
At Episcopal Retirement Homes, we believe that all older adults deserve a safe, comfortable community. That’s why St. Pius offers affordable senior living for older adults with lower incomes.
When you make St. Pius Place your home, you will enjoy independent living in a one-bedroom apartment that offers:
- A large, inviting living room.
- A full-service kitchen complete with refrigerator and stove.
- A bathroom with a walk-in shower.
- On-site laundry facilities.
- Plenty of windows that flood your home with natural light.
Affordable senior living at St. Pius is a unique experience.
Life doesn’t end when you hit a specific age. Retirement certainly doesn’t mean an end to life experiences and involvement with your community.
Our 18-unit Cincinnati community provides an enriched senior living experience.
St. Pius Place residents enjoy a supportive atmosphere where ERH’s philosophy of Person-Centered Care plays out. Each resident is treated and respected as the unique individuals they have always been.
When you live at St. Pius Place, you can enjoy independent living as you see fit.
Although we have plenty of opportunities to participate in activities, events, and community building, the day is always yours to plan visits and social events or just to relax in your apartment and enjoy some quiet time by yourself.
Life isn’t all fun and games at St. Pius Place, but fun and games are always available.
We also provide a full set of senior services at St. Pius Place that you won’t find in most other communities that offer affordable senior living.
- We offer a shuttle service for grocery shopping twice each month in addition to easy access to public transportation.
- A community room with books and games provides a space where residents can host all kinds of social events like our quarterly birthday parties, game nights, crafts, and other celebrations.
- Although our apartments have full kitchens, we know that cooking every day can be a chore, so enrollment in Meals on Wheels is also available for those who qualify.
At St. Pius, we help our residents stay active in our retirement community, the neighborhood, and the Greater Cincinnati community.
- Monthly resident council meetings provide the opportunity to get involved in administration.
- Visits from local high school students and lunch out once a month help us build ties with South Cumminsville and Greater Cincinnati.
Community is an important aspect of South Cumminsville, and it’s important at St. Pius Place, too.
Secure. Comfortable. Neighbors. Those are the words we live by at St. Pius. And it’s the unique community environment that residents say makes them love living here.
In close-knit retirement living like this, residents get to know each other as more than just another face in the hall. They’re friends—family really.
They look out for one another, and many of them grew up in or near the neighborhood, as much a part of South Cumminsville as the scenes depicted on the mural inspired by the iconic architecture of our namesake church.
The gorgeous mural painted by the Community Council captures life in South Cumminsville as our residents know it. A series of graceful arches frames scenes that open a window into the heart of the neighborhood, showcasing community pride. The seven panels feature everything from a favorite local hot dog stand to a local radio station. The mural draws on the Surrealist style of Magritte, and the final result holds interest through fantastical happenings as well as beautiful and fascinating images from real life South Cumminsville.