Canterbury Court offers retirement living like nowhere else in Cambridge, Ohio.
Episcopal Retirement Homes strives to bring dignity and independence to adults at all levels. Our affordable retirement communities cater to independent older adults with limited financial resources, but we don’t see that as a reason to downgrade quality of life.
Affordable senior living provides our income-qualified residents with Housing and Urban Development sponsorship and a variety of amenities and services without a bank-busting price tag.
- Our holistic wellness program provides all residents with on-site exercise classes, spiritual services, entertainment, volunteer opportunities, and everything else you could need to keep living well into the future.
- A part-time chaplain offers pastoral care right on campus, ministering to the sick and leading worship, healing services, and Bible studies.
- A well-stocked lending library and computer lounge with computers and free internet service offers life-long learning opportunities to keep in touch and up-to-date.
- Delicious, hot, subsidized meals twice a week and a warm-weather outdoor picnic area, with grills and charcoal provided free of charge, mean that residents enjoy good food and gorgeous surroundings.
- We have a lovely greenspace, which includes a glass-enclosed greenhouse for year-round gardeners, dedicated to our resident green-thumbs.
- Two laundry rooms on each floor mean that residents never have to go far for complimentary laundry services.
- Low-maintenance retirement living means that we have staff ready to meet all your emergency and repair needs even if it’s after-hours.
- If you need to get out and about, Canterbury Court can provide transportation for your trip to the bank or grocery store and ensure you get to all your appointments—whether that means getting you to the doctor or making sure you keep your dinner reservations at local restaurants.
- The beauty salon, where residents can go for pampering without ever having to leave home, is next to the spa room.
You won’t find all those in the average retirement community.
A Retirement Community with a Maintenance-free Lifestyle
Nestled at the end of a quiet neighborhood street in West Carrollton, just minutes away from downtown Dayton, Canterbury Court has the conveniences of city living without the hassles. When you live at Canterbury Court, you have all the comforts of home without the concerns that come with living in a house.
There’s no need to worry about shoveling snow or sweeping up the leaves. The private courtyard and gorgeous, landscaped grounds on our six-acre campus are maintained by on-site staff.
We have plenty of events and activities every month if you’re looking for things to do, but the day is yours to do as you want.
Our quiet neighborhood is perfect for the active adult’s morning or afternoon stroll
Social butterflies can enjoy time with friends and family or visit with neighbors and share in a card game in one of the common spaces. Or just enjoy the butterflies in the Butterfly Garden, recognized with a Certificate of Excellence by The Ohio Lepidopterists.
Desirable Senior Living
Canterbury Court is truly home to its residents.
Our 150 apartments, both one and two bedroom, are equipped with all the conveniences of home, including a full kitchen, and some additional comforts— like a 24-hour emergency call system. Some units are wheelchair-accessible with grab bars for both shower and commode and specially-designed kitchen sinks for residents with physical disabilities.
Public areas all have the tidy, welcoming ambiance you’d have in your own home. Our retirement community offers residents comfortable lounges on every floor that provide quiet places for reading or conversation. The first floor main lounge, with its wood burning fireplace, is a favorite spot for both relaxation and get-togethers.
Visit the Canterbury Court web site to see how ERH is raising the bar for affordable retirement living for low-income seniors.