As you’ve probably already guessed from our posts on all of the community events that we sponsor here at Deupree House, we’re an active bunch. Thanks to all of the attractions in Cincinnati, we’ve always have some event or activity planned.
It’s one of the things that makes the city such a great place for senior living. There’s something for everyone in Cincinnati whether you like music or the great outdoors.
For Patrons of the Arts
If you’re a lover of art and music, Cincinnati senior living is right for you. Our talented orchestras, artists, and musicians are world class performers.
The Cincinnati POPs Orchestra has plenty of amazing musical performances from local, national and international talent all year long at Music Hall—including some exclusive musical showcases right here in our retirement community.
- Chamber Orchestra
For those of you who prefer a more relaxed and intimate musical experience, the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra is coming up on its fortieth season.
The Cincinnati Opera closed out its 2013 season with a bang, featuring renown soprano Latonia Moore, fresh off her Met debut, in a reprisal of the title role in Aida, and we look to be in for a great season in 2014 with renditions of Carmen, Silent Night, La Calisto, and Madame Butterfly.
- College Conservatory of Music
ERH retirement communities have a special relationship with the College Conservatory of Music (CCM). In addition to their public concert series, the talented students of the CCM put on exclusive performances for Deupree House and Marjorie P. Lee residents.
For the Local Business Supporters
There are plenty of great restaurants and shops sprinkled throughout the many neighborhoods in Cincinnati just waiting to be discovered, and Deupree House residents have a head start.
Preferred Customer Program
Our Preferred Customer Program helps residents experience the best of the best in the Greater Cincinnati area by offering discounts and other savings opportunities at specialty stores and restaurants within our community.
Some of our local partners include:
- Aglamesis Brothers makers of amazing gourmet chocolates and ice creams.
- Cheers to Art! has partnered with us to provide a unique offer for special painting and wine events.
- The Echo Restaurant right here in Hyde Park serves up delicious home-style meals every day of the week.
- Ferrari’s Little Italy & Bakery, Nicola’s, and Via Vite offer authentic Italian food in a whole range of dining styles from casual elegance to sophisticated modernity.
- Poême keeps Deupree House residents stocked in stylish stationary.
- The Wine Merchant has one of the best selections of wine in the city.
For the History Buff
Whether you’re interested in local history or prehistory, you can find it all in Cincinnati.
Museum Center in Cincinnati is made up of a collection of museums and attractions that cater to students of history of all ages and interests:
- You never stop learning no matter your age, so join the lifelong learners from our community at Omnimax Theater for all of the interesting educational movies.
- Take a step back in time at the Cincinnati History Museum. Learn all about our city’s past and what life was like in the Ohio of yesteryear.
- Dig even deeper into Cincinnati’s past at the Museum of Natural History and Science. Journey through the alien worlds of prehistoric America and discover what Cincinnati was like during the Ice Age or when dinosaurs still roamed the Ohio Valley.
- For the serious historian, the Cincinnati History Library and Archive offers a treasure trove of historical documents—one of the most significant regional history collections in the US!
- If you want to take a more hands on approach to research, stop by the Geier Collections and Research Center to take examine the Museum Center’s fossil and zoology collections, historical artifacts, and fine arts.
- Plus many more historical sites and attractions.
For Senior Living in the Great Outdoors
Southern Ohio is home to some of the most gorgeous landscape in the state. The winding Ohio River is a particularly spectacular sight—especially when seen from one of the many local parks
From the gardens, gazebos, and wheelchair accessible treehouse at Mt. Airy Forest to the considerable 8-acre Civic Lawn of Washington Park right in the heart of Over-the-Rhine—Cincinnati Parks offer picturesque vignettes of southern Ohio landscape through the city.
No matter what style of senior living you enjoy, you’ll find yourself right at home in Cincinnati.
Image credit: rudi1976 / 123RF Stock Photo