At Episcopal Retirement Homes, we’ve always strived to be on at the cutting edge of senior living in Cincinnati. It has been our mission to bring the focus of senior living back on the unique and amazing older adults who make up these communities. We’re always looking for newer, better ways to enrich senior life.
St. Paul Village in Madisonville is reinventing affordable senior living.
Senior life is comfortable when every apartment offers wall-to-wall carpeting, a cable TV hookup, self-regulated temperature control, and a full kitchen with modern appliances. Senior living at St. Paul offers residents services and amenities you won’t find in other affordable living communities.
- Residents don’t have to venture off-campus to do laundry or get their hair trimmed and styled. Our on-site laundry facilities and hair salon offers these services right at home, but our shuttle service get residents around town for all kinds of outings and regularly scheduled community events.
- Elevators offer easy access to all floors of our retirement community for all residents, no matter their physical capabilities.
- An on-site security team and secure entrances ensure that senior life at St. Paul is safe and secure.
- A community chaplain and a social worker look after the spiritual and emotional wellbeing of residents and offer a variety of support services.
- Our wellness program provides residents with healthcare services including a visiting nurse and an exercise room with equipment specially designed for seniors.
One-of-a-kind, affordable senior living is even better at St. Paul.
We hosted our grand re-opening of the St. Paul Village II campus just in time to ring in Older Americans Month this May. Many notable figures turned out to help us celebrate including State Senator Eric Kearney, State Representative Denise Driehaus, and over 100 members of the community including residents, staff and the business partners who made the project possible.
Through a partnership with the Model Group we’ve made affordable living luxurious. A complete transformation of 65 one-bedroom apartments upgraded the cabinetry, counters, tiling, trim, and carpeting with top of the line finishes designed to promote aging-in-place so that residents can be accommodated as their health needs change.
We brought renovations out into community spaces too, updating our common areas and recreation rooms to improve the quality of life for all residents.
We’ve also improved our senior services.
The remodel included the creation of dedicated clinic rooms where our visiting nurses and physicians can monitor the health of the St. Paul Village residents and identify any potential health issues that may arise.
We’re striving for a greener community at St. Paul.
We’ve put a lot of work into being more energy efficient, and we were able to take a major step forward in the course of our recent renovations. In addition to the projects that raised the quality of life, we were able to install a geo-thermal heat and air system that efficiently warms and cools the building by using the earth’s core temperature. This cuts down on our energy consumption and provides a significant savings for our residents.
We’re now looking to obtain LEED for Homes Silver Certification to make our green footprint official.
LEED for Homes was developed by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), a national non-profit organization, to promote environmentally responsible, healthy and energy efficient buildings. It is the most widely recognized brand of green building certification.
By pursuing this certification, we’re not only striving to be good stewards of our environment, but to improve the health and wellness of our residents and provide significant savings in energy costs. With the third-party inspection and performance-testing of LEED certification, residents can be sure in the knowledge that their homes are truly green and will perform better than standard limited income senior housing.